Tuesday, May 7, 2013

After-Workout 200-Calorie Omelette

I don't know about you, but after a good run, I'm STARVING. This past weekend, I took a quick trip to Washington DC for my sister-in-law's baby shower, and she made me quite possibly the most delicious omelette I have ever tasted. And--to top it all off, it was quite healthy! I thought I'd share this super-fuel, easy-to-make, post-workout-breakfast with all of you!

how to make an after workout low calorie omelette

Click below to read the rest:


ingredients to an after workout low calorie omelette

Ingredients:
• 1/8 cup of chopped bell peppers--all colors
• 1/8 cup of chopped mushrooms of your choice (I used white)
• 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil to cook with
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 ounce of fat free feta cheese
• cooking spray

chopping peppers
Chop your peppers and mushrooms into slight pieces and keep the rest for another day!
I used about 1/8th a cup of each.
chopping mushrooms
Combine them into a sauce pan together, with the 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.
SauteƩ over medium heat until soft and flavorful. Add some salt if you would like.
Break your eggs into a separate bowl and use a whisk to whip them up. Poor into a greased pan (use your cooking spray) and cook on a low heat until the omelette is dark yellow on both sides.
A bit of brown is okay but not too much!
After your egg is finished cooking, place it onto a plate, and empty your peppers and mushrooms into the center. Sprinkle the 1/2 ounce of fat free feta cheese on top of that, and fold the omelette together.
A perfect, low-calorie breakfast to fuel the rest of your day! Enjoy!
how to make an after workout low calorie omelette


Blogging tips